Fookuse peateema taust
Viimati uuendatud:30/06/2020 - 20:13
Fookuse peateema sisu
- Euroopa Komisjoni veebileht läbirääkimiste edenemise kohta. Lehelt leiab läbirääkimiste tekstid ja rohkelt taustamaterjali erinevate teemavaldkondade kaupa.
- Council approves launch of trade and investment negotiations with the United States (Euroopa Liidu Nõukogu pressiteade 14. juuni 2013)
On 15 June 2013 the Council adopted a mandate for the Commission to negotiate a comprehensive trade and investment agreement with the United States, the “transatlantic trade and investment partnership” (TTIP). The mandate is composed of a decision of the Council and a decision of the representatives of the member states authorising the opening of negotiations, as well as directives for the negotiation of the agreement.
- TTIPit pooldavad EL ministrid saatsid Malmströmile toetava ühisavalduse (Majandus- ja kommunikatsiooniministeeriumi pressiteade 15. september 2016)
Pressiteatele on lisatud kiri Malmströmile
- European Citizens’ Initiative: Commission registers ‘Stop TTIP’ Initiative (Euroopa Komisjoni pressiteade 4. juuli 2017)
The European Commission has today decided to register a European Citizens’ Initiative inviting the Commission “to recommend to the Council to repeal the negotiating mandate for the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) and not to conclude the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA)” (‘Stop TTIP’ Initiative). The formal registration of this Initiative on 10 July 2017 will start a one-year process of collection of signatures of support by its organisers.
- ELi ja USA kaubanduskõnelused: Euroopa Komisjon esitab läbirääkimisvolituste eelnõud (Euroopa Komisjoni pressiteade 18. jaanuar 2019)
- Progress Report on the Implementation of the EU-U.S. Joint Statement of 25 July 2018. Greater together: Slashing billions in industrial tariffs and boosting transatlantic trade / European Commission, 2019.
The United States and the European Union have a $1 trillion bilateral trade relationship with more than €3 billion in two-way trade every single day. Together both sides count more than 830 million citizens and close to 50% of global Gross Domestic Product. This is the largest economic relationship in the world. With their Joint Statement of 25 July 2018, President Juncker and President Trump expressed their commitment to further strengthen this trade relationship to the benefit of all American and European citizens. As an immediate follow-up to the Statement, an Executive Working Group, co-chaired by Commissioner Malmström and United States Trade Representative Lighthizer and composed of both Presidents’ closest trade policy aides, started work on the five tracks for cooperation identified in the Joint Statement. This report provides an overview of the progress made and illustrates the depth of the engagement between EU and U.S. officials over the past year. The work programme covers a wide-ranging agenda reflecting the breadth of topics addressed in the Joint Statement.
- ülevaade kaubanduskõneluste hetkeseisust (juuli 2019) European Sources Online andmebaasis.