EU Information Centre
Mon - Fri 11.00 - 20.00
Sat 12.00 - 19.00 Consultant is present:
Mon - Fri 11.00 - 18.00
Sat 12.00 - 19.00
EU Information Centre can be visited with library card
of the National Library or visitor's card
. Terms for reader registration and Rules for Users of the Library are accessible here
In 1992 the National Library of Estonia was appointed the depositary library of the EU. As the demand for EU information was increasing rapidly, the European Union Information Centre (EUIC) was established in September 1998. In November 1999, EUIC opened free of charge EU Information Phone 800 3330.
In April 2009 EU Information Centre became part of the European Documentation Centres (EDCs) network of European Commission, which was launched in 1963. In 2005 the EDCs became part of European Direct information network.
The objective of the EUIC is to provide the public of Estonia, Riigikogu (the Parliament) and other constitutional institutions and bodies with relevant information about the EU.
The EUIC collection contains nearly 8000 titles of books and 100 titles of serials. The collection includes:
• Official publications of the European Union
- Official Journal L- and C-series (since 1952)
- documents of EP, COM, ESC and other institutions
- case law
• Reference books, encyclopaedias, handbooks, monographs, research papers and periodicals on EU matters
• Publications and periodicals on EU matters.